Disclaimer: I received a free entry to The Hot Chocolate Run 15k Seattle as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
In just a month and a half, I will be heading to Seattle for my first US race… and it’s sure to satisfy my sweet tooth!
The Hot Chocolate 15K and 5K occurs all over the US and may eventually reach Canada (including Vancouver). Seattle’s race is on Sunday, March 5th, 2017. This chip-timed race features aid stations with Nuun Hydration, chocolates, marshmallows and M&M’s. Yes you read that right! It will be an interesting experience fuelling up with my guilty pleasures.
I will be running the 15k course. It runs through parts of downtown before heading north towards Woodland Park and back to Seattle Centre where the finish line is. Thanks to a quick search on Strava, it looks like it will be a hilly route with around 278 meters of elevation gain. Eeks. This will be good hill endurance training for me so most likely I will run this race to have fun rather than get a PB.
Some cool features of this race are…
- Free hoodie – This is a step up from all the race t-shirts I’ve gotten . I’m excited to see what it looks like. From the photo, it looks great so I’m hoping it will be as nice as it looks.
- Free race photos – It looks like they will have photographers along the course documenting the event. Racers will be emailed their photos so make sure your bib number is clearly seen.
- Live runner tracking – Runners can sign up for live runner updates so your loved ones can keep tabs on you as you run. The updates can be posted on Facebook, Twitter or text as you hit certain points on the course.
- All the chocolate! – Need I say more?
I can’t wait to see what race organizers have up their sleeves. For more information, you can visit their website or sign up and use the code HCSEABR to get a free visor. If Seattle’s date doesn’t work for you, there are other Hot Chocolate 15k races to come including:
- Atlanta – January 22, 2017 – code BRATLHC
- Dallas – February 4, 2017 – code DALHCBR
- Nashville – February 11, 2017 – code NashvilleBRHC
- Las Vegas – February 26, 2017 – code BRVEGASHC
- San Diego – March 26, 2017 – code SDBRHC
- Philadelphia – April 1, 2017 – code BRPhillyHC
Win a free race entry for you & a friend from Nuun!
Not the city you’re looking for? Go to the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k website to see details for all available races.
For more race discounts check out the full list here.
What do you think of this race? Looks fun right? Hope to see you there!
All photos from the Hot Chocolate Run website