As you probably know (you may have seen me at a Starbucks near you 😛 ), I’m a West Van Run ambassador. Our double header race weekend is less than 2 months away (March 3/4, 2018, to be exact). It’s time to seriously think about signing up. The clock is ticking and the entry fees are going up soon. If you need some more convincing, check out these 5 reasons why you should register 🙂
- 2 distances over 2 days – You have the option to run 1 or both races, a 5k and a 10k. Also new this year are re-designed courses, but they still promise to be flat and fast for that PB you are hoping to crush. I will be previewing the courses in the coming weeks so stay tuned!
- Free kids race – West Van Run is a family-friendly event. After the race is done, the little ones can partake on a FREE 1 km chip-timed race on either day.
- Everybody gets a medal! – Whether you’re running the 5k, 10k, or 1k kids race, you get a beautiful West Van Run medal. It’s the first medal ever given out at a West Van Run race… and it’s gorgeous.
- Choose your own shirt – Each participant gets a West Van Run shirt! You can even choose your colour if you sign up before January 17th. After that, you will get whatever colour is most popular. Being able to choose a shirt is a nice perk, if you ask me. Not many races do this.
- Free beer – For the adults, there’s free beer at the finish line thanks to Village Taphouse. They’re a few steps from the finish line so you don’t have to walk a mile to get your thirst satisfied. Did you know that beer is a great recovery drink? 😛
Ready to sign up?
Register for the West Van Run by the end of January to get in before the next price increase. Or get in by January 17th and choose a shirt colour!
Use code JEANNINE to get 15% off!
Lots of people have already signed up. It’s gonna be a great event! Will you be there?
All race photos by Shannon Banal Photography