I love running with hats. Rain or shine, I’m most likely wearing a hat. I have a big collection now, thanks in part to races that give hats as swag. I keep coming back to my favourites though… my BOCO headgear.
BOCO Gear is based out of BOulder, COlorado and they specialize in athletic headwear including lightweight run hats, technical trucker hats, toques, visors, headbands and other accessories. Their hats make a statement with their cool designs and vibrant colours, but they are also functional and comfortable.
I did some digging and it turns out I have 5 BOCO hats: 3 Technical Trucker Hats and 2 Run Hats. I love both styles but I lean towards the Run Hat more (explained below). No joke, these are all my go-to hats.
Why I Like BOCO Run Hats
- Lightweight – Bulky hats on long runs are the worst. That is definitely not the case for the BOCO run hat.
- Fits well, wicks sweat – It’s snug on my head, doesn’t move, and keeps sweat from my eyes. It’s two less things to worry about.
- The straight bill on the run hat – You can curve it if you want I guess, but I chose not to. I like that it stays straight up when I don’t need my eyes shaded. If it’s raining or it’s too bright, I can easily just put the bill down.
- It looks cool! – Looking cool means confidence, which leads to a better run (although sometimes that doesn’t happen lol)
- Machine-washable – I pop it in with my running gear (in a laundry bag) and use the Handwash cycle. I let it air dry after and it doesn’t look distorted.
- Packable – You can’t scrunch the bill but the rest of the hat can. I can stuff it in my hydration vest really easily.
- Customizable – This is awesome if you have a team. You can design your own hat with your selected colours and logo. Here’s the info for that. You just need to order a minimum of 35 pieces.
I Love the Technical Trucker too!
As I said earlier, I lean towards the Run Hat more but on occasion I do like to sport the Technical Trucker. It functions just as well as the Run Hat but it has a different style. Sometimes the outfit just calls for a trucker hat, you know? 😛 It doesn’t pack as well as the Run Hat but it’s still ok. It gets a bit scrunched but you really don’t notice when you wear it. I do wash it the same way as the Run Hat and also air dry it.
My teams have great taste since both Nuun and BibRave chose BOCO Headgear. I can represent them in style! I love these hats and hope you will too. To see the other styles BOCO has to offer or to stay up to date, visit their social media links below:
Here’s what other BibRave Pros thought…
Tell me… Are you a hat person?