I’m soooo flattered and excited to be nominated by Brie… Like the Cheese for the Liebster Award… a virtual award given to newer bloggers by other bloggers as a way to get exposure and, of course, to get to know each other a little better. Thanks Brie! You should definitely check out her blog if you’re into running and especially trail running.
I’ve decided to pay it forward so read on for my answers 🙂
How did you decide on the name of your blog?
This is not my first blog. I’ve been a wedding blogger for 5 years now (in case you’re curious, it’s called Vancity Bride) and I’ve been writing about nothing but weddings so I thought… for my next blog, I will write about “Everything But Weddings…” Honestly it’s been more like “Nothing But Running” but that’s ok 😛
Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
Day-to-day life, which includes what I eat, what I see, where I travel, and how far I run.
What is it that you love most about blogging?
I love helping, inspiring, and connecting with people. In the 5 years of wedding blogging, I’ve met so many amazing people in the wedding industry and at the same time, I’ve heard from many readers how they found my blog helpful and that they are grateful for my work. I love that my efforts are impacting people in a positive way. Since I’ve started writing my personal blog, I love being able to express myself and share my thoughts and my little adventures. I’ve also found the running community to be so welcoming, positive and friendly, so thank you for making a newbie runner feel like an old friend!
What is your favorite food?
This is tough to answer but I will give it a try. I grew up eating rice 3 meals a day so it’s safe to say I can’t live without it (and no, brown rice is not a replacement). I also love Italian, Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Malaysian, Indian… ok I can pretty much eat anything but I’m not a fan of vegetables. Seriously, I’m like a kid.
What is your favorite thing to drink? (alcoholic or not)
Lately I’ve been drinking iced water only but I’m known to order Coke Zero or iced tea from time to time. As for alcoholic drinks, I’ve only started drinking beer a year ago but one of my favourites is Kronenbourg Blanc. For cocktails, anything fruity and sweet is good for me!
What is an item you can’t live without?
My cell phone – it might as well be super glued to my hand.
What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- I moved to Canada in 1995 when I was 12. I’m originally from the Philippines.
- I’m a mixed bag: Filipino, German, Spanish, Chinese, and even a hint of French.
- I have been learning German for the last 6 months and counting… yes it’s difficult. (If you need a tutor..)
- I’ve lived in 5 cities in the Lower Mainland since I moved to Canada: Richmond, New Westminster, Coquitlam, Surrey (1 month), and Vancouver.
- I hated running and would never even consider running 5k. I now consider 5k a light workout.
- When I was in 12th grade, I said I was going to be a video editor, so I went for it & never looked back. I’ve been doing that job (and still loving it) for 11 years, ever since I graduated from BCIT.
- I have a round scar on my left knee when I slipped and fell in elementary school.
- I’m addicted to beauty videos on YouTube but I’m usually lazy when it comes to wearing makeup.
- I love shooting sports photography and enjoy shooting Cuski’s cycling races. If Marathon Photos or the like would hire me, I’d be happily strapped to the back of a motorcycle and snapping photos of runners!
- I’m pretty competitive and can be a little hard on myself from time to time… but that also motivates me to do better.
- I’m actually very shy (and still am). Having blogs has helped me become more outgoing.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Berlin… I love the city, culture, food… it just felt like home when we were there.
If you could meet anyone from history (alive or dead) who?
I would probably want to meet a famous artist like Leonardo Da Vinci, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso or Vincent Van Gogh and just watch them create art. Also maybe Cleopatra… she must have a lot of juicy stories to share. 😛
What is your favorite outdoor activity?
Running… it’s my “Me Time” and I love getting in the zone and knowing that I’m doing something healthy and good for myself.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully married and living in something bigger than my current apartment 😛 I will hopefully still be at CTV, maybe I’ve already done a marathon or two, and travelled around Europe a bit more.
I’d like to nominate…
The Curious Pretzel – a German now living in Vancouver with posts about our beautiful city and delicious food.
Personally Andrea – awesome blog posts featuring DIY ideas for the home, scrumptious recipes and beautiful photography