Thanksgiving was never really a tradition for me except for that decade in my life with the former in-laws. I looked forward to Thanksgiving dinner with them and my family each and every year, but now that that’s over… it’s back to not formally celebrating again. It doesn’t mean that I or we are not grateful… we didn’t grow up with it. I don’t know how it is now but when we lived in the Philippines, Thanksgiving didn’t exist. Maybe one day it will be a part of my life again… I’m just waiting for the moment where I actually have a dining table that can seat 6 comfortably without having to re-jig all the furniture in my living room. I would love to take on Project: Thanksgiving one year… wouldn’t that be an epic blog post? The trials and tribulations of Jeannine and a frozen turkey. Oh well, I guess I have time to prepare before that moment so it wouldn’t be such an epic fail 😛
This Thanksgiving… I’m grateful for the people in my life:
- Cuski – my rock who makes me happy, makes me want to become a better person, and he also found a way for me to like beer (I thought it would be impossible)
- My family – my mom who is probably my biggest cheerleader and never a dull moment to be around, my sister whose free spirit I admire… she has the guts to do things I wouldn’t do (thus, her life is way more interesting than mine), my extended family in the Philippines, whom I wish could see more often but during the little time we do see or talk to each other, it’s as if we only live an hour away from each other.
- Cuski’s family – for accepting me as part of their family and treating me really well
- Friends – friends I’ve known since high school, new friends I’ve made in the last year, friends I’ve reconnected with after years of hardly seeing each other, work friends who makes my job not feel like a job… I cherish each and every one of you.
- Hobbes – of course I’m thankful for my cat who never ceases to amaze me with his ways to surprise me… the most unpredictable cat in the world… one word to describe him? Enigma… now how do I stop you from howling?
I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones. Don’t overstuff yourselves with turkey and please don’t drink and drive.
Family Photos by Earthling Photography